*Will this outfit work on your body type? All my outfits emphasize flattering an apple shape -wider shoulders/narrow hips. In these pictures I am 5’1′ 140lbs. I am petite and also have a high waist and short torso.
How to work denim into your work wear
- The best way to work denim into your work attire is to make sure the rest of your outfit is more formal. That’s why I chose classic black pointed toe pumps and a graphic cocoon top in a silky fabric. These two things dress up the jeans.
- Next, opt for dark denim over a medium or light wash.
- Avoid any distressed elements like rips, holes and fraying on your jeans.
- Avoid any embroidery or bling on your jeans.
- Finish the look with simple jewelry.
Why cocoon tops?
Cocoon tops look flattering on an apple shape, even when it has busy prints. It works because it creates the shape of an hourglass in the center of the body with its opening. It also skims over the arms and waist so it looks relaxed. Here’s another post when I used a floral cocoon top if you are interested.
Where you can get business casual items similar to what I’m wearing
I love J Brand jeans. Here’s a dark wash, high-rise skinny jean. I prefer high rise for skinny jeans because they tend to shimmy down otherwise.
I love suede Clark shoes for a classic black pump. Here’s a similar one.
Long black camisole with a built in bra. It’s a pajama top but who cares. It has great reviews.
A couple options for cocoon tops-
This one’s a black and white floral.
And lastly, here’s a similar silver circle and pearl necklace.