Coats & Jackets: How to Choose something stylish, figure flattering, and warm.
- Avoid super shiny fabrics. They add bulk.
- Puffer jackets are the warmest especially when stuffed with down. It’s warmer than leather or wool because it adds that extra cushioning. It actually hugs your body instead of just sitting next to your body like with leather and wool. It’s like you’re keeping warm covered in down pillows.
- Buy a jacket that hits mid-thigh for added warmth. Any longer can swallow the figure and look like you’re in a giant garbage bag.
- When choosing puffer jackets, always opt for one with a belt to cinch in the waist. Stretchy belts are the most comfortable.
- When choosing puffer jackets, the thinner the segments of down, the more flattering it will look. Avoid giant segments of down.
- Furry hoodies keep you warmer, to shield your head and face from cold winds. Choose a furry collar as well, especially if you are opting for a white puffer to avoid the collar from getting dirty with makeup.
Some coats & jackets with these elements
Want more tips on choosing coats & jackets?
Here’s a great guide on how to choose a flattering motorcycle jacket.
The post about my specific white puffer jacket that I’m wearing in the above two pictures.
How to choose a denim jacket that doesn’t make you look boxy.
If you’re petite and have trouble choosing a good trench coat that doesn’t look like a sack when you put it on, these are great tips.
*I write for budget conscious apple shaped women. Sign up below for more tips and outfit inspiration.