*Note: I’m not clinically depressed. I know that for some, depression is a serious condition and a chemical imbalance. I don’t take that likely. This article is for those of us who feel sad, depressed or lethargic of our own making due to lifestyle choices.
The story behind this list
Tis the season to be merry and bright right?! Most days yes. Also, these short days and cold weather can get me feeling laaaaaazy. And unmotivated to do much… except maybe sit around in my cozy socks in the house and eat comfort food. There’s a time and place for that yes, but after a few days of feeling sad, lethargic, and ultimately feeling depressed due to all my bad choices, I decided it was time for me to write a list. A list of all the things I am doing or have done that make me feel down. Why? Because I love lists. But more importantly, to remember what got me here in the first place so I can avoid said list in the future and get back to my usual happy, perky self.
The things to avoid list so I don’t get sad, lethargic and depressed
- Not exercising
- Eating too much sugar
- Too much junk food
- Eating too many refined carbs and not getting enough protein
- Not getting out of the house
- Not seeing friends regularly
- Forgetting to take my daily fish oil and D3 vitamins
- Not showering
- Forgetting to do my gratitude journal, prayer time, meditation, and bible reading
- Being indecisive and having unresolved decisions hanging in the air
- Too many open ended days with no purpose- not having a schedule
- Not having any novelty in my life
- Feeling disconnected to my husband because of lack of quality time and affirmation
- Not having a creative outlet
- Not accepting when things are out of my control or just embracing a situation
Any of these ring a bell? Anything you want to add to the list? I’d love to know!
*Friday Find is a feature of this fashion and beauty blog for apple shaped budget conscious women. Would you like tips and fashion inspiration for your specific body type? Fill out your email address below to get your free capsule wardrobe and my exclusive monthly newsletter–