I am so excited to share this DIY, as I haven’t done a home decor project in ages. This project was super cheap. I was inspired by this pinterest picture. I actually didn’t even buy anything because I already had all the items I needed in my house and on a nearby trail by my house.
Here’s all you need:
1. Fallen branches.
Got mine while I went biking with girlfriends. Stuck it in my bike’s basket.
2. A glue gun and about 2 sticks of glue.
3. Three sheets of fuchsia tissue paper and one sheet of red tissue paper (stuff you use in gift bags)
1. Cut tissue paper into 2 1/2 inch squares
2. Crumple up the squares
3. Put a tiny bit of hot glue onto each crumpled up piece
4. Attach to the branches
1. When deciding on placement of flowers, I found the more uneven and haphazard the spacing, the more natural it looks.
2. Even though the spacing is uneven, always alternate flowers (one on the left, one on the right of the branch)
3. If planning to place the vase in front of a light background, use colored tissue paper. If you want cream or white colored flowers, place in front of a colored wall. The contrast of colors adds drama.