*I usually share outfits that emphasize flattering an apple shape, but while I’m settling into life with a newborn, I’ll only be doing Friday Find posts. Style posts will return when things have settled down.
My breastfeeding journey
Breastfeeding has always been a challenge for me initially. Both of my sons were tongue tied, which I guess means they both had really short frenulums, so I’ve been told. This made breastfeeding super super painful at first. My first son actually made my nipples bleed. Luke wasn’t much better. My nipples cracked and skin came off. Every time both of my sons would latch, it felt like they were actually biting my nipple off! Needless to say, I used a lot of lanolin cream and couldn’t live without my nipple shields during the initial stages of breastfeeding.
Thankfully I had a large supply of milk, the pain eventually went away (once my nipple skin grew back) and I was able to breastfeed my first son for 17 months and continue to breastfeed my second son (he is a month old now). I used a lot of lanolin cream, but now that I don’t need it anymore, I have found new uses for all the tubes I have leftover!
What to do with leftover lanolin cream
- Well, first you can obviously gift your leftover nipple cream to another new mom to be. She will definitely need them.
- If you don’t know anyone who is expecting, I’ve found nipple cream works wonders at night on calloused feet,
- cracked hands
- and ashy knees and elbows!
- Having acne-prone skin, I’m super careful about what products I use, even for my hand and foot lotions because I know if I use a hand lotion with pore clogging ingredients, I might touch my face with my hands and break out with the hand lotion I’ve used. I’ve looked up the ingredients to this brand and it is acne safe, (whoohoo!) so I’ve used nipple cream even on my face and
- my super dry cuticles.
- Also, if it’s safe for newborn babies to latch onto when breastfeeding, it’s also safe to use as a lip moisturizer or
- overnight lip mask.
- You could also use it as a lip gloss since it’s shiny!
Have you used leftover lanolin cream for any other purposes? I’d love to know!
*Friday Find is a weekly feature of this fashion and beauty blog for apple shaped budget conscious women. Would you like tips and fashion inspiration for your specific body type? Fill out your email address below to get your free capsule wardrobe and my exclusive monthly newsletter–