Sometimes you want something a little more sophisticated beyond a ponytail, but not difficult. A low bun is perfect for this.
What you need for this easy low bun look
I like my low bun with side swept long bangs. This looks elegant and frames the face.
For the actual bun, I use a hair donut. This one looks like it has actual hair on it which is great especially if you have very thin hair like myself and sometimes wrapping the bun doesn’t fully cover up the typical mesh donut.
How to use a hair donut for this look
- First thing’s first. Make sure your roots aren’t greasy. If you need to, apply cornstarch and brush through the roots using this technique. This look requires that the roots have a little volume.
- Next, you want to tie your hair in a low ponytail using an elastic hair tie and separate the side bang.
- After that, you place the ponytail inside the donut and wrap the hair around the donut, trying your best to cover the donut completely.
- Take another elastic hair tie and secure this hair behind the donut into place.
- Take a handful of bobby pins and plunge them into the hair behind the donut to further secure the bun.
Do you want more hair style ideas?
My go to style is silky straight hair with a center part. I can’t live without this straightener that I’ve had for over 13 years.
What’s your go to style when you want to feel put together and sophisticated? I’d love to know.