*Will this lumberjack look work on your body type? All my outfits emphasize flattering an apple shape -wider shoulders/narrow hips. In these pictures I am 5’1″ 143lbs. I am petite and also have a high waist and short torso.
How to pull of the lumberjack look as an apple shape
- Your plaid top should be long to elongate your upper half.
- Make sure your plaid top isn’t billowy. It should be fitted.
- The smaller the plaid print on your top, the more flattering it will look.
- The darker the colors are on your plaid top, the more flattering it will look.
- Wear your plaid top with several buttons unbuttoned to create the illusion of a V-neck to elongate the neck.
- Add a white cami underneath to add width to the hips.
Where you can get items similar to what I’m wearing
Here are some great options for similar red plaid tops:
And I always wear a longer white cami under my plaid tops to create width at my hip area. For this reason, I prefer a straight hem as opposed to a round hem. Here is a great option.
I’m wearing dark brown leggings with this outfit. Here is a similar one.
My boots are from Naturalizer. I have them in black and brown. They are super comfortable, and I would wear the black pair as a makeup artist standing on my feet all day. Here are three similar Naturalizer boots:
Here are some great red beanies to choose from:
*This fashion and beauty blog is for apple shaped budget conscious women. Would you like tips and fashion inspiration for your specific body type? Fill out your email address below to get your free capsule wardrobe and my exclusive monthly newsletter–