*Will this outfit work on your body type? All my outfits emphasize flattering an apple shape -wider shoulders/narrow hips. In these pictures I am 5’1″ 135bs. I am petite and also have a high waist and short torso.
Why the above the knee skirt length is the best skirt length for apple shapes
- The shorter skirt length adds girth to the hip area and balances out a wider upper half.
- Apple shapes have great legs so it shows off more leg.
- A long skirt or midi skirt elongates the legs instead of the torso. It flatters an apple shape to do the opposite: elongate the torso instead of the legs.
Great above the knee skirt styles for an apple shape as showcased above
- The light colored above the knee strapless dress (pencil skirt style)
- The khaki mini- choose one that sits on the hips (mid-rise) for the most comfortable and flattering fit.
- The striped above the knee pencil- choose one that is stretchy and not too loose around the knees.
- The graphic printed above the knee pencil- choose one that is stretchy and not too loose around the knees.
- The denim mini- choose one that sits on the hips (mid-rise) for the most comfortable and flattering fit.
- The thick pleated fit-and-flare mini- choose one with thick material and large pleats that lay flat.
Where you can get skirts similar to what I’m wearing
The light colored above the knee strapless dress (pencil skirt style)
The khaki mini
The striped above the knee pencil
The graphic printed above the knee pencil
The denim mini
The thick pleated fit-and-flare mini
*This fashion and beauty blog is for apple shaped budget conscious women. Would you like tips and fashion inspiration for your specific body type? Fill out your email address below to get your free capsule wardrobe and my exclusive monthly newsletter–