I love love LOVE floral print. I think it’s my favorite print of all time. Floral prints will never go out of style because they are the ultimate print for making a feminine fashion statement. Prints can be tricky on my apple shape, but these are some tips on making floral print work!
1. Keep floral prints small
2. When you do choose to wear large floral print, make sure the floral print has a lot of solid background to keep the print from looking too “busy.”
3. Darker backgrounds tend to be the most flattering.
4. When using a brighter or lighter background or bigger prints, keep prints in hip area, chest area, or under a jacket or cardigan.
Those are ways that I wear floral print! Some other miscellaneous tips on wearing floral is to avoid high necklines (unless it’s a shoulder baring halter), crop tops, and drawstring waists and to choose quarter or long sleeves over cap/short/sleeveless when possible. Do you have any tips to add? I’d love to know! Here are some floral print tops and dresses I’m loving right now:
*Are you an apple shape? Want a free capsule wardrobe made specifically for you? Fill out your email address here to download it and to subscribe to my exclusive monthly newsletter.
Apple Shapes: Get Dressed Faster and Look Better in Your Clothes. Get Your Free Capsule Wardrobe Now.
- 12 pieces = 35 outfits
- tips for choosing each piece specific to flattering your shape
- picture of author wearing each outfit so you can visualize the items on an apple shape