Don’t you just love stripes? They feel tres chic and oh so French. I feel like they will never go out of style so they are also classic and timeless. Unfortunately horizontal stripes in particular can be tricky on my apple shape because they add width, but I have a couple tricks up my sleeve. Let me know what you think!
1. When wearing stripes on the upper half of your body, make sure you elongate it with a vertical line in the form of blazer, jacket, cardigan, vest etc-
2. Or only have stripes poking out of sleeves and around the hip area (to widen the hips)-
3. Or keep the stripes dark-
4. Or opt for vertical lines on the arm-
5. Horizontal stripes always look flattering on the lower half of the body, adding width to the hip area-
6. When in doubt, stripes always look chic as an accessory-
That’s how I wear stripes. How about you? Do you have any tips or tricks on wearing stripes as an apple shape?
*Are you an apple shape? Want a free capsule wardrobe made specifically for you? Fill out your email address here to download it and to subscribe to my exclusive monthly newsletter.
Apple Shapes: Get Dressed Faster and Look Better in Your Clothes. Get Your Free Capsule Wardrobe Now.
- 12 pieces = 35 outfits
- tips for choosing each piece specific to flattering your shape
- picture of author wearing each outfit so you can visualize the items on an apple shape