I have to attribute this life hack to my brilliant math genius of a friend, Jacki. I met her when I was teaching high school English at a boarding school for a year. She was the math teacher everyone adored. You know how the fastest way to get from point A to B is a straight line? Well, she applied this to parking.
While everyone else is (wasting time) hunting down the parking spot closest to the front entrance of the store, she goes on autopilot and immediately parks in the lane directly in front of the store’s entrance.
It doesn’t matter if it’s very far away from the entrance. The beauty of this hack is threefold.
- You avoid unnecessary decision fatigue initially because you don’t have to make a choice. You know exactly where to go.
- You save time initially because you’re not hunting down the best spot.
- You avoid having to remember where you parked when you get out of the store because you know you just have to walk out of the door and walk straight until you find your car in the same lane. Life Hack Parking
Essentially you avoid frustration and save time both before and after your shopping trip! As soon as Jacki told me this genius parking lot hack, I started doing it and have been doing it ever since.
What do you think? I love when I learn cool little tricks from friends.
*Are you an apple shape? Want a free capsule wardrobe made specifically for you? Fill out your email address here to download it and to subscribe to my exclusive monthly newsletter.
Apple Shapes: Get Dressed Faster and Look Better in Your Clothes. Get Your Free Capsule Wardrobe Now.
- 12 pieces = 35 outfits
- tips for choosing each piece specific to flattering your shape
- picture of author wearing each outfit so you can visualize the items on an apple shape
- Life Hack Parking
**Thank you for supporting the brands that allow MidoriLei.com to provide valuable, free content. Although some links in this post may be affiliate links, which provide a small commission at no cost to you, be assured that I only share products that I would consider buying myself. Great thought and care are given to the selection of all recommendations.